COVID – 19 Precautions
The outdoor setting of our programs is ideal for spatial distancing. To ensure the safety of staff and children, Friends of RMNP is taking strong measures and following government guidelines to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
- Staff must use the provincially accepted self-screening tool before coming into work: COVID-19 Screening Tool
- Employees must stay home when ill and customers are not allowed entry if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Parents must screen children at home each day prior to drop off. No children with symptoms will be allowed to attend. These include:
- Feeling unwell / fatigued
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
• Non-contact temperature will be taken at time of sign-in. Any child whose temperature is over 37.5 C will not be allowed to participate in that program.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Drop off for programs is 9:50 to 10:00 am (“PARK”ticipACTION), 1:20 to 1:30 pm (Junior Naturalist), 3:50 to 4:00 pm (Critter Camp) or 6:50 to 7:00 (Young Explorers)
- Due to the reduced number of participant spots this summer, refunds will not be given once the program has begun
- Pick up for programs is 12:00 pm (“PARK”ticipACTION), 3:30 pm (Junior Naturalist); 5:00 pm (Critter Camp) or 9:00 pm (Young Explorers)
- Staff will greet families and be responsible for filling out sign-in/out sheet
- Please adhere to 6 feet or 2-metre physical distancing guidelines when meeting others during drop off and pick up
- Parents and other family members not registered in the programs will not be allowed into the program area
Most physical distancing guidelines are intended for adults and we understand this can be a difficult concept for children. We ask that parents start the discussion about physical distancing prior to your arrival at Friends programs. Our staff will emphasize with the children our physical distancing measures. We will provide an environment that encourages physical distancing between children and staff to the best of our abilities.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Hand-washing and sanitizing supplies will be available at all times both indoors and out. Plus our staff will carry hand sanitizer to be used if going off-site.
- Staff and children will wash hands after using the bathroom, blowing their nose, sneezing or coughing.
- Staff will be increasing the frequency of our cleaning processes across all of our facilities with special attention to high-touch surfaces such as handles, light switches, handrails, bathroom, doors, and sinks.
- Shared program items will be disinfected frequently.
Due to social distancing precautions, class sizes in all 2021 Friends kids programs will be limited to a maximum of eight (8) participants. As a result, ADVANCED registration and payment is required!
We continue to monitor the current public health situation and will update our practices as needed to reflect guidelines recommended by the Government of Manitoba and Health Canada. If recommended by health authorities, we will cancel or postpone our summer kids programs and contact all pre-registered families.